Friday, March 19, 2010

a darker side of love

"Hey, are you free this afternoon or now?"

"Yeah sure, why?"

"Come to PR2."

And so we launched into a sight-reading session of Claude Bolling's Jazz Trio for Cello, Piano, and Bass (with Drums). Just a couple of movements, a Romantique and a Gallope, just enough for Duncan to highly doubt we were sight-reading and spray vulgarities when he finally believed. The cellist in this performance is James, a trusted and honorable friend, faithful fan of the Arsenal.

I have always felt like I'm in a web interlinked of human relationships since the start of 2010 in YST. Everyone is connected with each other, some are scorned at, some are cheered for.

My heart downed a little when I saw her in class today. She wore a blue T-shirt, and as usual, came in with her boyfriend into class. Not today, no, there weren't enough seats right at the end of the semi-circle, so you would have to sit separately, says Ty. It's alright, it's alright - an awkward silence commences and then embarassed shuffling from the spectators.

His tempers are fiercesome, a force I have witnessed myself. I enter the 3rd floor through the main lifts, and I hear a terrifying scraping sound coming from my 1 o'clock [from the glass doors of the 3rd level by the lifts]. The sounds seem to come right from the 1st lane, but the 2nd lane proved also to be negative. By the time I reach Ensemble Room 2, I hear a distinct voice sounding like a cross between an orang-utan cry and tearing iron-sheets. It slowly morphs into Hokkien, before revealing itself to be Bahasa Indonesia. But what truly frightens me was that I saw him first before knowing the language he spoke.

By the time I turn the corner, I try to wrestle with the fact that he was shouting at the doors of Ensemble Room 4, engaging in lively banter with wood. Later I realized he was shouting at the poor girl and subsequently the even poorer 2nd pianist through the doors.

A most complicated story, but fascinating nonetheless. An act of poor, irrational, immature, jealous-ridden judgement.

I shy away from the scene.




It's her left arm. Those bruises, terrible terrible bruises. Where else could they have come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment